Welsh Water Building Over Sewer Agreement Cost

Surface water drainage carries rainwater (and melted snow and ice) from hard surfaces. The surface system of gutters and rainwater pipes is called roof drainage; underground pipes are called surface water sewers and surface water channels. There are two drainage systems you need to think about: fault and surface water. In general, these two systems must be maintained separately. Hardstandings surface water must not flow on the highway, where it can cause accidents or nuisance. Private sewers are the property of the real estate that serves them. Public sewers are the property of sewers (the address of which is on your wastewater bill). Construction work on and around a canal must be approved by the canal owner. The pipes must be sized for the flow of water to minimize the risk of obstruction and allow air movements.

Indications on the size of the pipes are available in the approved document H. If you are expanding your land, you need to make sure you know if there are water pipes, public sewers or sewers on your land. It`s a good idea to find out before you start working so that the work goes as smoothly as possible. A larger roof area increases the amount of surface water. It is best to maintain the additional volume on site to avoid an increasing risk of flooding elsewhere. Rainwater can be kept on site using a moving type or other means to soak it in the soil (called infiltration), or be stored and used for flushing toilets or garden irrigation (known as rainwater harvesting). Approved H provides advice on where soakaways are set up, their size and how they should be built. The sanitary pipes must be ventilated so that air escapes from the pipes and sewers in the building.

The location of rainwater pipes, piles of sanitary pipes and external sewers may indicate where their underground sewers are likely to pass through. If you intend to build a public channel or find yourself nearby, you need a written agreement from your wastewater water supply, so you should consult with the company during the first planning phase of your work. Our committee covers the cost of your declaration: – perhaps – – technical assistance – in conjunction with the control of the buildings or your certified inspector – issuing your letter of agreement or agreement If it is not practical to drain on permeable soil or use a permeable pavement, it is best to keep the extra surface water on site to avoid an increasing risk of flooding elsewhere. This can be achieved by reaching a Soakaway or some other way to soak it in the ground (called infiltration). The construction of an existing flow or channel can damage the pipes, causing them to drain or block, which can lead to olfactory nuisance, health problems and environmental damage. It also makes it more difficult to clear plugs and repair or replace faulty exits, which take time and are expensive. Therefore, if there is a flow below or near the proposed extension, it may be necessary to move or protect it, which may increase the cost of your project. If you want to know more, our detailed instructions are a good start. They will help you know if and what type of consent you need. You must then file either a construction declaration or a formal agreement request. You may need to increase the size of your rainwater gutters and pipes or add new rainwater pipes.

Information on gutter sizing and rainwater pipes can be found in the approved H holder. To carry the flow and avoid obstructions, the flow or pipe you want to connect to should normally be at least 0.8m below ground floor level. If it`s less than that, you should seek advice from a contractor, architect or drainage engineer.